As you know, our 50th Anniversary Conference is moved to October 22 - 24, 2021 at the Sheraton Hamilton. Conference information will be shared in the early spring of 2021 and, of course, CODE members will receive a discounted rate.
CODE had planned to launch a year of celebration in 2020 at the conference. Instead, we will be launching on-line and then closing our anniversary year at our conference when we can gather together and do drama and dance the way they are meant to be done!
Please join our 50th Anniversary celebration launch on-line: October 24, 2020. ZOOM details will be shared closer to the date but mark it on your calendar now!
We encourage you to participate more fully by:
1) Submitting pictures (JPEG only) or short videos (MP4 or MOV only) that you have from CODE conferences and workshops that you have attended.
2) Creating a short, 10 second video (MP4 or MOV only), with a phrase and/or gesture responding to one of the two following questions:
- What is the impact CODE has had on your Drama and Dance practice?
- What is the impact of drama and dance education on your students?
- You may encourage former and current students to submit a video BUT it may NOT include any teacher names. This will enable the focus to be on drama and/or dance and not a specific teacher so that ALL teachers will be honored collectively.
- Please have a three second pause at the beginning of your submission and at the end to allow for editing.
- For best results: have the camera at eye level in landscape orientation, something interesting in the background (not too cluttered), good lighting and consideration to video frame while speaking directly to the camera lens.
ALL videos and pictures must be sent to Central-West Coordinator, Cheri-Anne Byrne, by Saturday, September 12, 2020. Email Cheri-Anne at .
SPECIAL NOTE: David Booth Tribute also on October 24, 2020
CODE had always planned to hold a David Booth Tribute as part of this conference. We have decided to hold our CODE Tribute on October 24th either before, after or as part of our Anniversary Launch Celebrations.
We would very much welcome contributions from all CODE folks, whether currently a member or not, to participate in the Tribute Video which will be part of this event.
You are encouraged to submit:
- Photos of David (JPEG only)
- Anecdotes and Memories (maximum 250 words PDFs only)
- Short videos (MP4 or MOV only) with David in them
- Please include dates & names of people in your photos and videos, and associated with your anecdotes and memories.
- See Note above for technical considerations.
ALL submissions must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, July 31, 2020.
Thank you CODE members, for all that you do on behalf of Drama and Dance and our Ontario students.