CODE was founded in 1970 after an informal community of Drama educators connected with one another for moral support and to share their questions, their best practices and their challenges in the late sixties. In the late nineties, Dance teachers joined our organization because they were also seeking a teacher community and we welcomed them to join with us.
Today CODE embraces a vibrant and supportive community of teachers across the province to support and connect with one another as well as with artists, arts organizations, not for profit theatre and dance companies, and even with community minded businesses who support our work enthusiastically.
This page is about CREATING COMMUNITIES for Dance and Drama in Education.
This page is under construction...
Arts and Education Agencies and Organizations
CODE works collaboratively with the other ARTS provincial subject associations.
Provincial Subject Associations
Arts En Direct (afeao) Dance, Drama, Music and Visual Arts for the French Language Board of Education. Please note that the English Language and French Language Boards of Education have completely different ARTS curricula. Teachers searching for French or English language resources will need to adapt them to the preferred pedagogy and to the curriculum expectations in their Ministry documents.
Ontario Art Education Association (OAEA) Visual Arts
Ontario Music Educators’ Association (OMEA) Music
First Nations, Metis, and Inuit Education Association of Ontario (FNMIAEO) This site is essential for Drama and Dance teachers seeking to include Indigenous artists in their efforts to decolonize their arts teaching practices.
Provincial Arts Organizations and Associations
- Arts Education Consultants of Ontario (ARTSECO)
- Dance Ontario
- Ontario Teacher Educators in the Arts (ONTEA)
- Pulse Dance Conference
- Theatre Ontario
Provincial Educational Organizatons and Associations
- Elementary Teachers’ Federation of Ontario (ETFO)
- First Nations, Metis, and Inuit Education Association of Ontario (FNMIAEO)
- Ontario College of Teachers (OCT)
- Ontario English Catholic Teachers’ Association (OECTA)
- Ontario Secondary School Teachers’ Federation (OSSTF)
- Ontario Teachers’ Federation (OTF/FEO)
- People for Education
- Canadian Conference of the Arts
- Canada Council for the Arts
- Canadian Dance Assembly
- Dance Collection Danse (DCD)
- National Roundtable for Teacher Education in the Arts (NRTEA)
- National Theatre School Festival - Ontario (NTSFestival Ontario)
- Dance and the Child International (DACI)
- International Drama/Theatre Education Association (IDEA)
- United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
- World Alliance for Arts Education (WAAE)
- Canada Council for the Arts (CCA)
- Ontario Arts Council (OAC)
- Ontario Ministry of Education (MOE)
- Toronto Arts Council (TAC)