In the final lesson, students videotape, present, and reflect on their own and others’ work. Students hand in their journals/ scrapbooks and group visual arts collage for evaluation. In addition, their videotapes are collected for archival purposes.
- Apply dance presentation skills
- Demonstrate the ability to analyse dance related learning in a variety of ways
- Prepare video camera equipment, blank videotapes/memory cards, and a TV/VCR/projector
- Continue preparing breathing, focusing, and warming-up exercises to get the students ready for presentation.
- Prepare final assessment and evaluation materials.
Minds On (Approximately 10 minutes)
- Warm-up and rehearsal.
Action! (Approximately 50 minutes)
- Students present final group pieces.
Consolidation (Approximately 15 minutes)
- Facilitate a discussion of group pieces with students (e.g., What did you learn? What was frustrating? What did you enjoy?)
- Students may use simple costume ideas for their piece (i.e., white t-shirts and jeans, all black, colorful clothing, etc.).
- The purpose of the videotaping is to document the students’ studies for archival purposes. This video documentation is not to be assessed.
- Assess and evaluate student’s group process
- Assess and evaluate student’s creative process – BLM#2 Approach to Class Work Checklist
- Evaluate the final study – BLM#1 Rubric – Evaluation of Composition
- Evaluate Visual Arts Collage
- Evaluate scrapbook